Monday, July 17, 2017

Day of Service - Gabi Fream

Today opened my eyes to a new perspective on the real life of a majority of the Dominican people. Being within the fences of the resort closes you off from the reality of the country. I realized that money really can’t buy you happiness and no matter what you have, give thanks. I never understood how powerful happiness was until walking inside the home of Jaqueline and getting a glimpse of life in the Dominican Republic. We had an amazing time learning how to dance the merengue (National Dance of Dominican Republic) and even though it was miserably hot, we still had a great time because we have created our own community with each other this week. These people don’t have much, but it is enough in their eyes it is just enough. Dominicans radiate joy and content and I have become so much more appreciative of not only my material items, but what truly makes me happy. 

Submitted by Gabi Fream












No comments:

Post a Comment